It was....WICKED!!!

Let me tell you, last night was one of the GREATEST nights of my life. Sound a little drastic?? Dennis and I went and saw Wicked in Los Angeles and it was just INCREDIBLE!! I oh-so-highly recommend it to anyone who gets the chance to see it. It was just so much fun and has such great music! (Stay on this page long enough and you'll hear some of it.)
I have to admit that I was rather relieved because I had invested a lot of time in the music and emotionally, I was there. So much so, that Dennis had to laugh just a little at the fact that I was literally crying at the end of it. Yes, the story is touching, but mostly it was the fact that it was so much better than I had ever imagined it and I had imagined it pretty darn great.
Consider this my final word on the subject: THIS IS A MUST SEE!!!
All I can say is that Mickey and Minnie had better bring their "A" games if they even hope to compete with such a perfect night! Matt and Gabe had better polish up their pinochle if they hope to compete with such a perfect night. (Okay, that's not true...we're excited to be with them and they helped bring my perfect night about...) Shamu had better swim pretty darn impressively.





12 Comments:
I am overwhelmed with enviousness (is that a word?) I am consumed with jealousy (that sounds better). Maybe I can experience the same greatness someday, somewhere...over the rainbow.
I am SOOO glad it met your expectations. I too am jealous, and perhaps I'll get the chance to see Wicked someplace. I'll take your synopsis of the action by phone someday soon. Meanwhile, I'll clean the house and get ready for the advent of Aunt Wendy, cousin Eric and Grandpa & Grandma. They load the truck on Monday and begin the drive on Tuesday! Love you all!
Holy cow. Three posts in less than a week. And while on vacation no less. Very impressive. Have a fun time at Disneyland. I haven't been there since 1990. Weren't you just there?
I'm so glad that you had such a great time. I don't know anybody that hasn't loved it. Someday...someday I'm gonna break the bank and go see it!
Hi! This is Dennis' friend's, Jon's Wife- (Okay- does that make sense?) I have been stalking your blog since your Christmas letter came! We are so close now (we just live in tri-cities) that we should get together and let the curtain climbers play! I know that Jon would like to visit with Dennis! Well- happy Bloggin'!
Terra!! I'm glad you commented! Dennis & I have talked about visiting you guys so often! Let's make it happen! You're now on the blog so officially no longer a stalker!!
Janyse-
Awesome! You guys are always welcome here! (For the day or longer- we have the room)! Lets plan somethin' soon!
Ummmm. I'm jealous. I want to see Wicked SOOOOO bad. Oh man alive! I listen to the soundtrack so much, and finger along with it (we played it in band last year). You have to call me after your trip to tell me about it. :D
Don't you worry Janyse, Shamu swims REALLY fast. Just you wait.
I've heard nothing but great things about 'Wicked.' I will have to invest some time now to get down to New York and see it. Maybe in a couple months when the weather improves.
I love that you got so into it that you were crying! You and I: Kindred Spirits.
If any of you who say you want to see it decide to see it and need someone to see it with, I'd love to see it again. On a note, I have heard the book is trashy and so I have not read it. Skip the book, see the musical.
Janyse! You posted! And while on vacation?!?!!! (tear!) You make me proud. And to think I'd almost stopped checking your blog :). I'm glad to hear you had a good time and enjoyed Wicked. I'm also glad you made it home safe. We'll have to get together, I'm starting to get cabin fever.
Post a Comment
<< Home